Nurse Practitioner Health Clinic at The Morton Community Healthcare Centre
Peterborough Family Health Team provides a nurse practitioner to deliver services at this clinic. Visit www.peterboroughfht.com to learn more about the Family Health Team.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse with advanced education. They provide personalized, quality
health care to patients. Ontario NPs provide a full range of healthcare services to individuals, families and communities.
Clinic use during COVID-19 pandemic
- People seeking care must book an appointment.
- Where possible, appointments will take place virtually. This means your appointment will take place over the
phone, or through video conferencing using the secure Ontario Telemedicine Network.
If you are a seasonal resident, please contact your family doctor first. Many family doctors are currently providing
virtual care. It is best to see your own healthcare provider. They know you and your medical history.
Health Clinic Details
You may access this clinic if you are a:
• Seasonal resident/cottager whose family doctor is too far away to provide service;
• Local resident who does not have a family doctor.
Please note, the clinic is not accepting new roster patients at this time.
If you have a local primary care provider (family doctor) you must see them for care.
What the Health Clinic Offers
• Problem-specific care for seasonal residents/cottagers who need non-emergency support (i.e. an ear
• Connection to local supports to help manage a range of health care needs
The Health Clinic does not provide narcotic prescriptions or narcotic prescription renewals
Regular Hours of Operation
• Mondays – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesdays – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Thursdays – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Fridays – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Saturdays – CLOSED
• Sundays – CLOSED
Booking an Appointment
Please call 705-651-4866.
Coming to an Appointment
• Arrive 30 minutes early to your first appointment to fill out the necessary paperwork
• Bring your health card to every appointment
150 Strickland Street, Suite 3
Lakefield, ON, K0L 2H0
• Please take a moment to review our clinic policies to ensure you receive timely and appropriate care.
• Narcotic prescriptions/prescription renewals are not available at the Health Clinic.
What does a Nurse Practitioner do?
A nurse practitioner (NP) provides care to patients of all ages. They focus on preventing disease, promoting good
health and curing illness.
An NP can provide a variety of healthcare services and are able to:
• Diagnose and treat illness and/or injury
• Perform physical check-ups
• Order and interpret diagnostic tests
• Write prescriptions
• Provide counselling and education
• Provide treatments and/or procedures
• Make referrals to family physicians, specialists and other healthprofessionals
An NP cannot provide the following services, for example:
• Providing stitches
• Removing fish hooks
• Setting bones
• Minor procedures