The Morton Community Healthcare Centre
The Morton Community Healthcare Centre, located in the community of Lakefield, Ontario, is managed by a Board of Directors as a not for profit incorporated facility. The Centre offers primary healthcare to both residents of the local area and seasonal visitors to the Kawarthas.
There are three components to the care available at the centre:
- Permanent Primary Health Care provided by a team of family doctors who are part of the Chemong Family Health Organization;
- An Episodic Care Clinic for seasonal residents, and those without a family doctor, staffed by a Nurse Practitioner. The clinic is sponsored by the Peterborough Family Health Team (PFHT);
- Allied Professional Healthcare Specialists: Members of the community can receive services at the Lakefield Physiotherapy and Foot Health Clinic.
Contacting my Family Physician
Please use the Doctors’ page for:
- Your doctor’s phone and fax number;
- Instructions for booking an appointment;
- Office hours and policies; and,
- How to prepare for your appointment.
Please click here and you will be directed to the Doctors’ page.
Note: The doctors at the Morton Community Healthcare Centre treat only their own, rostered patients. We regret that the doctors cannot treat walk-in patients or accept calls directly from members of the community who are seeking medical care.
The Nurse Practitioner Health Clinic for Seasonal Residents and those without a Family Physician
You may use the PHFT Clinic if:
- You do not have a doctor;
- You are a seasonal resident whose permanent family doctor is too far away to provide service; or,
- You are on a waitlist for a permanent physician.
Please click here to be redirected to the Clinic page for information about booking an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner.
How do I find a Permanent Family Doctor?
If you are:
- New to the community;
- Have never been rostered with a doctor;
- Are currently without a doctor because your previous doctor is no longer providing service.
Please go to www.ontario.ca/healthcareconnect
COVID-19 UPDATE March 1st 2022 Update