The Morton Community Healthcare Centre
The Morton Community Healthcare Centre, located in the community of Lakefield, Ontario, is managed by a Board of Directors as a not for profit incorporated facility. The Centre offers primary healthcare to both residents of the local area and seasonal visitors to the Kawarthas. There is no walk-in Clinic at the Morton Community Healthcare Centre.
There are three components to the care available at the centre:
- Permanent Primary Health Care provided by a team of family doctors who are part of the Chemong Family Health Organization;
- Allied Professional Healthcare Specialists: Members of the community can receive services at the Lakefield Physiotherapy and Foot Health Clinic.
Contacting my Family Physician
Please use the Doctors’ page for:
- Your doctor’s phone and fax number;
- Instructions for booking an appointment;
- Office hours and policies; and,
- How to prepare for your appointment.
Please click here and you will be directed to the Doctors’ page.
Note: The doctors at the Morton Community Healthcare Centre treat only their own, rostered patients. We regret that the doctors cannot treat walk-in patients or accept calls directly from members of the community who are seeking medical care.
The Nurse Practitioner Health Clinic for those without a Family Physician
You may use the PFHT Health Clinic if:
- You do not have a family doctor; or
- You require problem-specific care.
For details on the PFHT Health Clinic and the hours of operation, visit the Peterborough FHT website.
How do I find a Permanent Family Doctor?
If you are:
- New to the community;
- Have never been rostered with a doctor;
- Are currently without a doctor because your previous doctor is no longer providing service.
Please go to www.ontario.ca/healthcareconnect